Need someone to listen?
You can ring or email our clergy - their contact details are on the contact us page.
The Samaritans also offer a free, confidential service. You can contact them by letter, by email or by their phone line, which is open 24/7. They also have a new wellbeing support line for NHS workers and volunteers, which is open 7 am to 11 pm seven days a week.
Need help with getting shopping, picking up medication?
If you need to self isolate and would like help with getting shopping or medication, there are several local 'good neighbour' schemes.
- Blewbury 'Good Neighbours' group - with 200 lovely volunteers, ready to help out with shopping for food, prescriptions, etc.
- East Hagbourne Community Support Group (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) - offers help collecting shopping for older people and other people in social isolation, Picking up medication for older people and other people in social isolation, Offering childcare, Helping with dog walking
- North Moreton Emergency Committee (Phone: 01235 812202, Email: email@example.com) Offers help collecting shopping and picking up medication for older people and other people in social isolation, advice and guidance to your local community
- South Moreton Corona Virus Group (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) - offers help with dogwalking, delivering leaflets, collect shopping , phone calls
- Upton Help group (Email: Please contact email@example.com) - A WhatsApp group has been set up by Sarah Carter. It is specifically for any one who lives in the village who is either self isolating for any reason or is unwell. The idea being you could contact the group and ask for what help you need and someone will hopefully be able to help.It is really for collecting provisions or prescriptions for people who cant get out. Given the reason for the group, the corona virus, all involved need to take precautions to stay safe. Drop packages on doorsteps etc. You'll also have to agree how to pay etc when you make contact. The rules are basic It's for Upton villagers; It's not a chat group, It is a 'Can you help me, I need.....' 'Yes I can......' time etc.
- West Hagbourne Community - COVID - 19 Volunteers (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) - offers help collecting shopping and picking up medicine for oldder people and other people in social isolation, Online/phone support to people in social isolation, Advice and guidance to your local community, Childcare, Dog walking, Providing updates on the current situation.
Worried about being able to afford food? Want to help neighbours who can't afford food?
If money is tight, try the Didcot Emergency Foodbank. Its website explains how you can be referred and what the foodbank offers.
Blewbury Church and Village collect food for the Foodbank the first week of each month - you can leave goods in the box outside The Old Schoolhouse or take them to the Post Office.
Uncertain about how to get online ... or what to do once you're there?
Astons Online is still very much in business providing help and guidance remotely instead of during monthly events in the Astons Village Hall. Please could you tell as many people as possible that our expanded team of helpers is ready to contact people who have computer related issues during this lock-down. All anyone needs to do is contact us by email email@example.com or, if that's not possible, by phoning 07780958249. We'll take it from there.
Father Jason is our main safeguarding contact for the Benefice.
You can also contact Oxfordshire County Council Safeguarding team
For concerns about a child:
For immediate concerns about a child's safety, please call MASH 0345 050 7666 or out of hours the Emergency Duty Team (out of hours): 0800 833 408
For concerns about an adult:
Phone: 01865 328232
Emergency Duty Team (out of hours): 0800 833 408
The Oxford Diocese Safeguarding information and contact details can be found here: